The Stuff!!!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Ucha katta warmth was what i felt when i recorded "nee illa oru nilayo" with RR. The window was closed and the fan was switched off to prevent noise and the ever scorching sun wouldnt show its mercy on us. So we were literally feeling the warmth inside the room.
I dont know whether it was because of this reason that my mood changed to create a warm mix of the song that doesnt disturb u in any case (not of course if u're a ripper of music who rips open mixes to identify which chord lies where) unlike what is found common in Indian songs i.e nammooru mixes in which the sound engineer puts a garland on the equalizer producing a V - curve to create mercilessly cold mixes aka Harris Jeyaraj.
Amidst the sweat the song's feel made me feel as if i was in a cool place with the piano i played killing me back and the pads turning me on. The warm mixes actually soothed me so much that i have already heard the song over 200 times and it hasnt been 24 hours since i mastered it.
Hats off to Girish for creating such a masterpiece in his mind. RR also sang with a feel that peeled off the gray matter in my brain and i was left senseless enjoying the song like a goldfish which cannot remeber anything for more than 3 seconds. I was somehow forced to hear it again and again that i dozed off in front of my PC beside my keyboard and mixer that was happily reciving the signal from my media player that was looping continuously. And there i lay on my bed, with headphones on the ears and nothing inside the head, sleeping peacefully. And the window was still closed as i continued to be warm yet asleep......

2 Comments:

  • At 9:29 AM, Blogger Girish said…

    haha.
    i can imagine a navneeth sleeping with headfones on his head, lol !
    but seriously, GOOD JOB SON!!
    and RR too.. naech execution, as only he can!
    so pissed that i cudnt be there in flesh and blood when the recording was on, but the night we composed it was semma naech da!
    how contented we were as the new year was dawning..
    missing those days like mad..
    and given that i cant make it to chennai for another 7-8 months, all the more...
    but good going guys.
    pinning the pedal u guys are.
    Am totally proud of you two...

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger N said…

    hi,

    u might not know me. Girish sent me the song. Just wanted to tell you it is absolutely beautiful.. :) romba romba azhaghaa iruku. the feel is awesome. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home